Adam (Stephen) Studio
Stephen Adam established his first independent studio in 1870. In 1909 he entered into partnership with Alf Webster, who took over the studio when Adam died the following year. Upon Webster’s tragically early death in 1915, his widow continued to run the business, assisted in the 1920s by Douglas Hamilton, until her son, Gordon Webster, was able to take control in 1929. He retained the Studio name until about 1936, after which time he felt confident enough to use his own name.
Scotland’s Stained Glass: Making the colours sing by Michael Donnelly (Historic Scotland, 1997)
Orchestrations of Colour – The stained glass of Douglas Hamilton by Jeff Hopewell (The Coplow Press, 2020)