Fouracre & Son
Fouracre & Son was based in Plymouth and was founded by John Thomas Fouracre (1818-83) in 1866. He was later joined by Henry Watson (1842-1920) and the firm became Fouracre & Watson, under which name it traded for sixteen years until 1890. The firm then reverted to its original name. John Fouracre then went into partnership with William David Snell (1892-1928), who had joined the firm as an apprentice. After Fouracre’s death, Snell was joined by Edwin Phillips, who in 1941 amalgamated the business with Osborne & Son. As Osborne & Phillips the business continued into the 1960s.