Burlison and Grylls
John Burlison (1843-91) and Thomas John Grylls (1845-1913) both trained in the studios of Clayton & Bell and were encouraged to found a studio by GF Bodley and T Garner. The studio went on to became one of the most successful of the Victorian age. Following Grylls’ death the studio was taken over by his son, Thomas Henry ‘Harry’ Grylls (1873-1953), who in 1921, was a founding member of the British Society of Master Glass Painters.
Source: Source: Stained Glass Marks & Monograms, complied by Joyce Little, and edited by Angela Goedicke & Margaret Washbourn (NADFAS, 2002)