Gateshead Stained Glass Company
Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), architect. Spence and A H Marsh (1842-1909) carried out much of the early design work. When Spence moved to London in 1882 Marsh became the chief designer, and in the late 1880s both became free-lance designers. The company was taken over by H G Drummond in 1887 and closed in 1926. The final chief designer from 1900 was James Eadie-Reid (1868-1928).
Source: The Arts and Crafts Movement in the North East of England: A Handbook by Barrie and Wendy Armstrong (Wetherby: Oblong, 2013)