Kier, W. & J. J.
W. & J. J. Kier was founded by the brothers William (1825-86) and James Johnstone Kier (1839-1908) to carry forward the business founded by their father David Kier (1802-64), which was possibly the most important of the early stained glass studios in Glasgow. David Kier and his sons became particularly well-known for their part in installing the controversial Munich glass used in the reglazing of Glasgow cathedral in the 1850s. Michael Donnelly thinks that “at its best the studio could provide work which rivalled the best efforts of the Munich school, and good examples can be seen in the series of windows for Irvine Parish Church, Holy Rude Church Stirling, and in the Merchants House, Glasgow.”
200 Scottish Stained Glass Artists by Rona H Moody in The Journal of Stained Glass Scotland Issue Vol XXX (2006)
Glasgow Stained Glass: A Preliminary Study by Michael Donnelly (Glasgow Museums and Art Galleries, 1981)