McCulloch & Co.
Hugh McCulloch (1843/4-1925) trained with renowned stained glass artist Daniel Cottier in London in the 1870s. (A number of decorators and stained glass artists who went on to employ or work with Mackintosh and his associates emerged from the Cottier stable.) After a brief house-painting partnership in Glasgow as McCulloch & McEwan, he opened his own stained glass business in late 1875 or early 1876. Charles Gow, whom he had known at Cottier’s, joined him around 1880 as McCulloch & Gow, ‘artists in stained glass and tile painting’. After 1892 the firm is listed as McCulloch & Co.
McCulloch & Co. in Mackintosh Architecture, Glasgow University
200 Scottish Stained Glass Artists by Rona H Moody in The Journal of Stained Glass, Scotland Issue, Vol XXX (2006)
Cottier & Co. by Juliet Kinchin in Encyclopaedia of Interior Design (Routledge, 2005)