Ward & Hughes / Curtis, Ward & Hughes
Photo: Peter Hildebrand
The original partnership was between Thomas Ward (1808-70) and Henry Hughes (1822-83), who became the chief designer, while also producing windows under his own name. On his death the firm was taken over by a relative Thomas Figgis Curtis (1845-1924). The firm continued for a few years after Curtis’s death, in the hands of a cousin, Mrs Ethel Kibblewhite.
A Guide to the Church of Saint Mary the Virgin Swaffham Prior, 3rd Edition, 2016
Victorian Stained Glass by Martin Harrison (Barrie & Jenkins Ltd, 1980)