O’Connor / O'Connor & Taylor
Photo: Peter Hildebrand
The O’Connor studio was founded by Michael O’Connor (1801-67), who was born in Dublin and worked as an apprentice under Thomas Willement. Like many stained glass artists of the period he initially focused on heraldic work. After a period working in Dublin, he moved to Bristol, where he collaborated with AWN Pugin on St Saviours, Leeds, before finally settling in London. He was subsequently joined by his sons, Arthur (1826-73) and William Henry (1838/9-77). After Arthur’s death William was joined by William George Taylor (1822-1901), with the business trading as O’Connor & Taylor from 1877. The firm continued as Taylor & Clifton into the 20th century.
Source: Victorian Stained Glass by Martin Harrison (Barrie & Jenkins, 1980)