Guthrie (J. & W.) & Andrew Wells
J. & W. Guthrie & Andrew Wells was formed in 1899 as the successor to J. & W. Guthrie. This remained the firm’s name until the early 1960s, when it became Guthrie & Wells. Andrew Wells had previously worked with Daniel Cottier, becoming one of his chief assistants, before spending sometime in Australia with Lyon, Cottier & Co. in Sydney.
The new firm, like J. & W. Guthrie, used a number of different designers including, Charles Paine, Charles Lamb Davidson and Nina Miller Davidson. Examples of their work can be seen at St Margaret’s Parish Church, Dalry, North Ayrshire.