Maile (G) & Son
Photo: Peter Hildebrand
G Maile & Son was founded in London in 1785 as a firm of monumental sculptors, They later expended into producing a variety of church fittings, including stained glass. In the post war period, and aftermore than 150 years in London, they moved to Canterbury, Kent. At this time their chief designer was Arthur S Walker (1891-1966), who had trained with Burlison & Grylls.
G Maile & Son on Sussex Parish Churches
Stained Glass Marks & Monograms, complied by Joyce Little, and edited by Angela Goedicke & Margaret Washbourn (NADFAS, 2002)