Ward & Nixon
Ward & Nixon was a partnership between Thomas Ward (1808-70) and James Henry Nixon (1802-57). Nixon had previously worked on the restoration of the church of Church of St Anietus, St Neot, Cornwall. The partnership broke c.1850 and Nixon was replaced by Henry Hughes (1822-83), who became the chief designer, for the new studio of Ward & Hughes. Hughes also produced windows under his own name. On his death the firm was taken over by a relative Thomas Figgis Curtis (1845-1924). The firm continued for a few years after Curtis’s death, in the hands of a cousin, Mrs Ethel Kibblewhite.
Source: Victorian Stained Glass by Martin Harrison (Barrie & Jenkins, 1980)