Carl Johannes Edwards (Kiviaho) (1914-85) was born in London to Finnish parents. He joined James Powell & Sons in 1928, and became assistant to the chief designer James Hogan in 1936, before succeeding him in 1948. In 1952 he set up his own studio, briefly with Hugh Powell. The studio relocated to The Glass House in 1972, where he took over the firm of Lowndes & Drury.
Source: Benyon Stained Glass website
Carl Edwards and the Worshipful Company of Glaziers
The Worshipful Company of Glaziers was founded in 1328 and remains dedicated to the art and craft of stained glass. In recent times the emphasis has moved from the protection of the personal economic welfare of Glaziers to the preservation of the heritage of stained glass and the support of continuing high standards.
A key part of this work has been the annual competition for young artists, which began in 1932 and which, since 1982, has operated under the banner of the Stevens Competition, the premier competition for stained glass artists in the UK.
Carl Edwards was a prize winner in 1947-48.