Jones & Willis

Jones & Willis, Blessed are the Pure in Heart (1909), Church of St Andrew & St Cuthman, Steyning, W Sussex.
Photo: Peter Hildebrand

Jones & Willis were important makers of church furnishings founded in the mid-19th century, who expanded into stained glass from around 1880. Founded in Birmingham, they also had outlets in London and Liverpool. The church architect, F E Howard, who was a pupil of Ninian Comper, designed some windows for them in the 1920s and 1930s.

Source: Stained Glass Marks and Monograms complied by Joyce Little and edited by Angela Goedicke & Margaret Washbourn. (Published by the National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002)